Instructional Designer Dedicated to Improving Your Learning & Performance.
Focusing on Highly Regulated Small Businesses
Analytical, resourceful, and adaptable training executive and instructional designer with 15+ years of in-depth operations training program development and management experience. Proficient in training program performance metrics, stakeholder management, and training development strategy. Excellent oral and written communication skills with extensive leadership experience.
Debbi Spranza, CPLP runs a boutique instructional design and development consulting firm. Instructional Design Solutions . She specializes in delivering services traditionally performed by in-house training departments and larger consulting firms. Debbi partners with clients to deliver performance and learning solutions that integrate, support and complement the client’s existing culture, business goals and curriculum.
|Produced $435K+ in|
and 110% utilization
|Part of an award winning |
~Top 125 Training
|Designed & Delivered |
blended learning solution
for new employee
job skill training
• Training Management
• Instructional Design, Strategy
• Learning Management Systems (LMS)
• eLearning Modules
• Program Metrics, Evaluation • Project Management Skills, Facilitation Skills
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Lync/Skype, OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Excel)
• SharePoint, Storyline, Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia, Vyond
Not sure if you have a need yet? Please join my mailing list below for efficiency tips, new template notifications, sales, and speaking engagements – (approximately 1 email a month). I promise not to overwhelm your inbox!
Certified Professional in Learning and Performance, 2019
Association for Talent and Development (ATD) Certification Institute
Camtasia 2019 Certification
|• Top 125 Training Organizations from Training Magazine, 2019, 2012-2017||• Firstpower Quarterly Award, 2010, 2019|
|• Blue Chip Award, 2013||• Rising Star Award, 2007|
Owner, Learning and Development Consultant since 2014
Perform contract work for consulting firm. Analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate corporate learning strategies to drive client business growth. Execute operations training program management, LMS implementation, onboarding programs, blended learning plans, and eLearning samples. Communicate effectively with clients, and establish and analyze key metrics to measure effectiveness.
• Execute eLearning projects for Coca-Cola, nuclear power industry, food and service industry, and property management company.
Learning Architect / Senior Instructional Designer, 2015–2019
Developed training strategy and framework for training solutions in compliance with company best practices, primarily onboarding curriculum and Merger and Acquisition (M&A). Analyzed, designed, developed, implemented, and evaluated learning to meet training needs of internal clients and improve business results. Mentored and coached others in instructional design.
• Produced $435K+ in development with 318% ROI and 110% utilization.
• Recognized as #1 individual contributor on Learning Strategy team.
• Managed Business Financial Services curricula and supervised 4 trainers/instructional designers.
• Utilized OneNote to improve department efficiency and reduced role-based guides maintenance time by 84%.
• Created 2 successful internal development programs – sexual harassment training module and corporate culture reinforcement game. Both received 4.5/5 Level 1 reaction.
Instructional Designer / Project Curriculum Lead 2011–2015
Executed project coordination. Led trainers in establishing implementation plan and performance metrics for learning strategies. Designed onboarding training programs, inclusive of traditional/virtual/blended classrooms, online courses, self-study, coaching, evaluation sessions, and sustainment plans. Coordinated commercial learning curriculum. Evaluated learning programs for effectiveness, identified new development needs, and recommended training methods accordingly.
• Produced 30-minute webinar for 300 users on new instant messaging software. Achieved 97% adoption of software use and saved 80% of training budget versus original request.
• Developed 6 training programs for 350 internal clients using Human Performance Improvement (HPI), Analysis Design Development Implementation and Evaluation (ADDIE), and Rapid Instructional Design (RID) methodologies.
• Saved company $400K by developing training programs in-house versus utilizing 3rd party.
• Delivered blended learning solution for new employee job skill training, resulting in 30% turnover decrease and 50% time to proficiency improvement.
Corporate Trainer / Instructional Designer, 2004–2011
Conducted national new hire training via eLearning. Executed content development for national monthly training newsletter. Conceptualized and completed web-based “Training on Demand” recording live narration.
• Developed and facilitated 15+ presentations on new products and processes to 350 sales staff.
• Mentored 20 teammates in use of eLearning tools and techniques.
Corporate Trainer / Sales Manager, 2003–2004
Assisted in melding of bank and mortgage products, delivery channels, and corporate culture on national level. Worked in team environment to consult on regional performance at national level and develop strategies for shared national product knowledge and delivery techniques. Presented new products and ideas to sales force and executives in classroom settings, conferences, and sales events, as well as via web-based eLearning.
• Collaborated with 204 sales employees to determine market trends and tailor products based on field feedback.
• Saved travel costs by conducting products and services training via WebEx.
Marketing Specialist, 2000–2003
Assisted in establishing company’s “cross sell” regional department. Managed 3 in-house employees and oversaw branches with ~500 staff members. Met with sales force to determine market trends and tailor products based on field feedback. Ensured bank and mortgage processes flowed smoothly. Tracked performance metrics and reported regional sales results.
Government Insuring Manager, 1999–2000
Managed 7 in-house employees and provided teleconference training to outlying branches. Demonstrated proficiency in change management by improving efficiency and reducing transmittal errors 100% after merging mortgage post-closing system with database mail.